Advisory & Strategy
When developing an offshore renewable technology in a target market space, especially with technologies still in the early phases of engineering, a forensic understanding of your marketplace, supply chain, socio-economic factors, influences on the technology across its lifecycle, and cost modelling, are critical to identifying the next steps to project delivery and ensuring a blueprint which put cost-efficiencies at the heart of it.
Our market-leading service offering in strategy advisory can be split into three service categories, which can be deployed individually or as a package for comprehensive support at this early development phase of a technology or project.
Our services and experience cover all areas of the marine renewable energy sector – offshore wind fixed and floating, floating solar PV, wave and tidal energy, as well as more emerging renewable and decarbonising technologies, such as hydrogen integration, energy storage and renewable energy clustering projects. We have also supported with market-entry planning to markets across the world, spanning Europe, Asia, and the Indian Ocean.
Market Dynamics Evaluation
Our detailed market studies look at identifying both market and client potential, looking at market segmentation and pricing amongst other factors. It also covers an assessment of the supply chain and port infrastructure, and forensic services in feasibility studies.
- Strategy advisory for companies: Covering commercial strategy (position, go-to-market, competition), financial analysis (financial statements, access to funding), due diligence (commercial, technical, contractual and/or financial)
- Strategy advisory for public authorities: Covering opportunities assessment for local industrial sectors, strategic roadmaps and action plan development, economic benefits and local content assessment for MRE projects
We are experienced in owner’s engineering across the marine renewable energies space, lending expertise to cover cost estimate engineering, market engagement, market benchmarking, and operational support to put action plans into place for execution.
Cost Engineering: CAPEX / OPEX / LCOE
Through our extensive market exposure, technical expertise and numerical modelling capabilities, we offer a range of services in cost estimate engineering, based on an established in-house methodology, and supported by our significant cost database and experience lists for project benchmarking:
- CAPEX – Robust cost modelling tool
- OPEX – Tailor-made O&M model
- LCEO – Levelised cost of energy assessment
Chief Technical Officer